These easy spiced seeds are a delicious and nutrient-packed way to level up salads or bowls. Make a double batch to save some for snacking too!
Servings 1 cup
- 1 cup seed mix (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, etc…)
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds*
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼-½ tsp kosher salt
- *I love the flavor and texture of the fennel seeds, but if you’re not into that, reduce to 1 teaspoon or leave it out.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add seeds, fennel, paprika, oil, and salt to the baking sheet and toss to coat (I like these nice and salty and use ½ teaspoon since they are being used as a topper, but you could tone it down with ¼ teaspoon). Bake for 8-10 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until the seeds are toasted and fragrant. Remove and let cool.
Items you can prep ahead (optional)
- Make spiced seeds
- Use any mix of seeds and/or your favorite mix of spices!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temp for up to 1 week or in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Leftovers + Repurposing:
- Sprinkle this on top of salads, bowls, etc…